Here are the Pikachu steamed buns, which I filled with ham, cheese and scrambled eggs. It's not the usual bun fillings, but this combi goes well with the steamed buns. It perfect for breakfast, though it can be eaten any time of the day. I'll be sharing the basic recipe for this at the end of this post.
The cheese I'm using is The Laughing Cow Toast, as the name implies, this cheese is extra melting and is great for using in toast. It tastes really nice, and goes very well with the eggs and ham in the steamed buns.
The Laughing Cow is celebrating its 95th birthday this year, and the prizes are really good! It is holding a draw with the top prize being a trip to France for four!
Here are the details:
Full list of prizes:
a. 1 x trip to France for 4
b. 10 x pairs of tickets to Hong Kong
c. 20 x IPAD 64GB
d. 64 x shopping vouchers worth $500
From 1 August to 31 October 2016, simply purchase any of The Laughing Cow product and stand a chance to win. Entry forms available at customer service counter in supermarkets or on website.
3 ways to submit:
- Mail entry form and original receipt to Natrad Food Pte Ltd, 149 Ubi Avenue 4, Singapore 408778.
- ONLINE via www.natradfood.com/tlc. Please retain original receipt to claim prizes.
- SMS “TLC<space>full name<space>NRIC<space>receipt no.” to 73333. Please retain original receipt to claim prizes.
The Laughing Cow products and the promotion are available at all major supermarkets. Check in-stores for more details.
I'm sharing the recipe for the basic ham, cheese and scrambled egg buns, you can shape them into any characters you fancy. I've coloured mine yellow and shaped them into Pikachu. If you do not want to use food colouring, you can replace with this pumpkin steamed buns recipe over here instead.
STEAMED HAM, CHEESE & EGG BUNS
300g Morinaga pancake mix
1 1/2 tbsp salad oil
90 to 100ml water
1 tsp cocoa powder
yellow food gel colouring(optional)
The Laughing Cow toast cheese slices
- Prepare fillings and set aside.
- To make the dough, sieve pancake mix.
- Add in salad oil.
- Add in water gradually, use your hands to keep mixing till the dough comes together. Dust work surface with some flour, use your hands to knead for around 5 minutes, till the dough becomes soft and smooth. If you are colouring the dough, you can do so at this point, add in food colouring and knead till the colours are even.
- Divide dough into 6 parts and roll each into a ball. Use a rolling pin to flatten each ball.
- Place scrambled eggs, shaved ham and cheese in the middle of the dough, wrap it up and pleat the edges to seal.
- Place the buns on wax paper and steam them on low heat for around 15 minutes.