Bento for IT, in the box are baked pasta, meatballs, golden kiwis, grapes and blueberries.
Bento for LT, same food as above. Kitty's made of white bread, carrot bread and crabstick.
Baked pasta for IT's recess. :) LT had no School today.
Next up, Hamburglar Hello Kitty for tomorrow. :) And sharing the pasta recipe below. :)
BAKED PASTA RECIPE
2 servings of penne or your favourite pasta
2 servings of bolognese sauce
100g of shredded mozzarella cheese
dried parsley flakes (optional)
bolognese sauce (around 6 servings):
1 tbsp olive oil
100 g streaky bacon, chopped
1 large onion, minced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 pack white mushrooms, diced
500 g minced beef
1 glass dry red wine
800 g canned or diced tomatoes
80 g tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried basil
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan, add oil and chopped bacon, lightly brown bacon.
- Add onions and carrots, fry for about on gentle heat, till they are soften.
- Add minced meat, red wine and fry for a moment. Then add in the mushrooms.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, simmer for 1 hour, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water, around 2 minutes less that timing stated on the packaging.
- Combine pasta with bolognese sauce, and put into oven safe dish, topped with shredded cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven of 200 degrees C for 10 minutes ot till cheese is nicely melted. Sprinkle on parsley flakes.
- What I do is to cook a big batch of the bolognese sauce, and then pack into ziplock bag and freeze in 2 servings portion.
- You can also use your favourite ready pasta sauce to cook the baked pasta.