This is not a bento related post. :P Just before I left for Japan, I received a request to share my mango sago recipe. I happened to see mangoes at the supermarket yesterday, so I bought some to make this desert. It's one of my favourite Chinese dessert.
I made some Rilakkuma chocolate using my mould to decorate. :)
It's really easy to make at home, recipe below. :)
MANGO SAGO RECIPE
400ml Marigold PeelFresh Mango Juice
150ml evaporated milk
3 ripe mangoes
80g sago pearls
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add sago and let it simmer for around 10 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking at the bottom of the pot. Turn off the stove after 10 minutes, cover and let sago continue to cook for around 10 minutes. They should turn translucent. Drain sago and rinse under tap water to remove starch.
- Slice up 2 mangoes and add to blender, together with evaporated milk.
- Mix mixture 2 to mango juice. Add in sago pearls.
- Cut up the last mango into cubes. Top with mango cubes when serving.
- The original recipe calls for sugar syrup, which I omitted. You can add in at step 3 if you find your mango sago is not sweet enough.
- You can also use other brands of mango juice, or make your own mango juice.
- You can also add in pomelo as toppings.
- You can increase amount of sago if you like more of it.