Sheep bread buns recipe from Pitachan on cookpad, this one has been on my to-do list for a long time, finally decided to try my hands at baking them since it's the year of the sheep.
Spot my lovely new watch from Daniel Wellington. If you want to get their beautiful watches for yourself or as gifts, you can get 15% off your purchases simply by using the discount code "bentomonsters", this discount code is valid till 15th of February.
I actually dropped the whole tray while removing these sheep buns from the oven. I was a little late in removing the buns from the oven, was busy with something else and almost forgotten about them, saw that they were going to burnt, so in my haste to remove the tray, I dropped the whole tray onto the floor. -_- These were the only two I managed to save, actually only one was intact, the other one split open a little but it was not obvious front the photos. :(
I filled the sheep buns with white chocolate fillings, sharing the recipe below.
WHITE CHOCOLATE SHEEP BREAD BUN RECIPE
250g bread flour
1/4 tsp salt
25g butter, at room temperature
1 tsp instant yeast
1/2 beaten egg (keep the reminder 1/2 egg for egg wash)
White chocolate Fillings:
60g unsalted butter, softened
10g icing sugar
60g milk powder
50g chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients, except butter, in a large bowl to get a dough. Add in butter and knead until dough is springy and soft, this takes around 10 minutes. If you have a bread maker, you can just use the dough function for this step, as well as step 2.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and keep in a warm place for it to rise. This takes around an hour and the dough should double in size. Do a finger test to check if it's ready.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the white chocolate fillings. Sift icing sugar over butter in a large bowl.
- Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy.
- Add in egg and milk powder, mix till all combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips and mix well, chill in fridge till ready to use.
- Take dough out and punch out the air from the dough with your fist.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions. Roll them out and form them into balls. Cover with cling wrap and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into a round rectangular shape.
- Cut off around 1/3 of the dough.
- Cut the left dough further as shown in the picture below.
- Shape the top portion into the heat. Divide the middle two portion into half and shape into the legs. Roll out the bottom portion and then shape it round into a horn.
- Place white chocolate fillings on the right dough cut out in step 10.
- Fold the dough and seal the seams tightly.
- Make cuts on the dough.
- Assemble the other parts of the sheep. Cover with cling wrap and allow the bread to rise for 40 minutes.
- Brush on egg wash and bake at 180 degrees celcius for around 15 minutes.
- Draw the eyes using melted chocolate. Alternatively, you can also use chocolate chips for the eyes, place the chips on just before sending the bread into the oven.