I made this Hello Kitty sheep bento to match with the lovely Hello Kitty charm I received from a bento friend. My photo does not do justice to the beautiful charm, it's a lot more glittery in real life.
The idea for the Hello Kitty sheep was from a plush I saw in Japan last December. I immediately snapped a picture of it using my handphone because I thought I might want to make it into a bento.
The pink rice was coloured with pink sushi mix. The other details were done using egg, kamaboko and nori. Can you spot the sheep cookie in the bento box?
The idea for these sheep cookies were from the sheep pineapple tarts made by HuiのBento Journal. She has a video recipe of how to create the pineapple tarts on her page.
I did not follow her steps exactly, you can refer to my recipe below on how I did mine.
I used German cookie recipe for these sheep. German cookie is quite a popular recipe among most baking blogs, the cookies are easy to make and simply melts in your mouth.
This recipe can be used to mould my previous sheep design which I shared HERE too.
SHEEP GERMAN COOKIE RECIPE
50g icing sugar, sifted
125g potato starch
80g cake flour
- Beat butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy.
- Sift in potato starch and flour, mix till a soft dough is formed.
- Wrap dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Take a portion of the dough and fill in a pipping bag with a small round tip.
- Take dough and roll into small balls, arrange on a lined baking tray.
- Pipe out fur of the sheep.
- Pipe out horn of the sheep.
- Add on sesame seeds for the eyes and nose.
- Use a toothpick to poke a hole for the mouth.
- Bake at 160 degrees celcius for 15 minutes.