Back to the strawberry tart recipe I am going to share. Instead of making the usual strawberry tart, I decorated it into Hello Kitty.
I used a small tart mould to bake this, somehow I think smaller always looks cuter, lol.
Here's a slightly bigger version, but still smaller than the usual tart size. This one was made with the help of LT. He loves to help with my food preparation, he enjoyed cutting up and laying out the strawberries for this .
LT also helped me to fill another tart with raspberry, I ate this one because no one at home like raspberry. The recipe I share called for a glaze but I've left it out as I was out of strawberry jam and forgot to replenish it. It's optional but glazing gives the fruits a nice shiny finish.
This same recipe can also be used for making a fruit tart, simply use whatever fruits you fancy for the toppings.
HELLO KITTY STRAWBERRY YOGHURT TART RECIPE
125g cake flour
30g almond powder
60g butter, room temperature
50g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
250g plain yogurt
200ml whipping cream
20g gelatin powder
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp strawberry jam
2 tsp water
- To make tart, sift together cake flour and almond powder.
- Using a whisk, beat butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Mix in the egg yolks, one at a time. Mix well.
- Use a spatula to fold in the ingredients form step 1. The mixture will become crumbly.
- Use your hands to bring the mixture together and cling wrap it. Let it chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll out dough using a rolling pin
- Butter a tart mould and place on top of the dough .Flip the dough over onto the mould. Use your finger to press the dough into the tart mould.
- Cut off excess dough. Poke dough with a fork.
- Line the top of the dough with baking paper, then fill with baking stones. Bake in an oven preheated to 180℃ for 18 minutes.
- Remove the stones and bake at 180℃ for another 10 minutes. Leave to cool down.
- To prepare the yoghurt filling, start by beating whipping cream with mixer at high speed until peaks form. Set in the chiller.
- In another bowl, add in the plain yogurt and sugar, stir to dissolve.
- Add in the gelatin powder and water in a bowl. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds for gelatine to dissolve.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the yogurt mixture and add in the gelatin.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut out Hello Kitty's eyes and whiskers from blueberries. Cut out her nose from lemon peel.
- Cut out Hello Kitty's bow from strawberry.
- Assemble the cut-outs on top half of the tart. Fill the bottom half of the tart with strawberries. Heat up jam and water over low heat till it become loose, let it cool before brushing onto the fruits.