Before I move on to the dishes, I also have a Chinese New Year food art to share. Since 2016 is the year of the monkey, I made the 3 wise monkeys, who embody the principle "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil".
The two dishes I'm sharing today are Oyster Sauce Baked Chicken and Scallop and Asparagus in XO sauce. I'm using Lee Kum Kee Oyster sauce and soy sauce for the chicken and Lee Kum Kee XO sauce for the asparagus.
They are both easy and fast to whip up, thanks to the help of Lee Kum Kee's oyster sauce, soy sauce and XO sauce. These 3 Lee Kum Kee's sauces are a staple in my kitchen and I'm sure it is in many of yours too. All three products are available in all leading supermarkets with limited-time Chinese New Year promotions.
Before I share the recipes, I would like to share about a food photo contest where Lee Kum Kee will be giving away weekly prizes and cash angpow. To enter:
- Snap a photo related to the theme of "Reunion" with any Lee Kum Kee product;
- Write a caption for the photo;
- Hashtag #LKKReunionSG
- Upload through Instagram or LKK webstite - http://lkksauce.com/reunion/
- And you stand a chance to win these prizes! Good Luck!
OYSTER SAUCE BAKED CHICKEN
10 medium sized chicken wings/drumlets
3 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Oyster sauce
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
1 tbsp Shaoxing Huatiao wine
dash of five spice powder
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Marinade chicken with oyster sauce, soy sauce, wine, five spice powder and sesame oil. Cover with cling wrap and leave in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place them on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Reserve the marinade for use later.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for around 20 minutes. In between baking, flip wings and baste them with reserve marinade. They are ready when both sides are nicely browned.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds before serving.
SCALLOPS ASPARAGUS IN XO SAUCE
1 clove garlic, minced
3 slices old ginger
10 fresh scallops
1 pack of asparagus, skin removed and sliced
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp XO sauce
2 tbsp water
dash of pepper
- Marinate scallops with sesame oil, salt and cornflour for 15 minutes.
- Heat wok on high heat, add in a little oil. Add in minced garlic and sliced ginger and fry till fragrant.
- Add in XO sauce and asparagus, fry for a minute and add in 2 tbsp of water.
- Add in scallops and fry for another 4 minutes or until scallops are cooked.