Chicks which I made out of french toast and fruits, it'll probably take you less than a minute to make this chick after your french toast is done. This yummy french toast is not only perfect for breakfast, but also tastes good anytime of the day.
I added a local twist to the classic french toast recipe, I served our french toast with kaya and sliced bananas. Since bananas are sweet, I omit the sugar in my french toast recipe. I also chose a kaya that is not too sweet. Give this combi a try, the flavours go quite well together.
I'm using Gardenia Hi Calcium Milk Bread Plus for this recipe. This bread is high in calcium to support the development of strong bones and teeth. It is fortified with Vitamin D3 to enhance the absorption of calcium and improve bone strength and enhanced with prebiotics (Inulin) to promote growth of good Bifidus bacteria to help maintain a healthy digestive system. There is also added benefit of Lutein. So many benefits in this new wholesome loaf!
And Gardenia is having an on-going Facebook contest “Gardenia 15 seconds #Breadfie Video Contest” where participants stand to WIN $200 CASH and a $88 Gardenia Hamper every week until 29 May 2015. To take part:
- Purchase a few loaves of Gardenia Hi Calcium Milk Bread Plus
- Do a #Breadfie** with your loved ones or friends **Sing, dance or act featuring the loaves of Gardenia Hi Calcium Milk Bread Plus
- Record a video of your creative #Breadfie up to 15 seconds using a mobile device
- Share your video with us on Friends of Gardenia Facebook Page.
- Tag your friends to get as many likes!
- Contest ends on 29 May 2015. More T&Cs @ http://on.fb.me/1Ext1tX
Hope you like this recipe. :)
KAYA BANANA FRENCH TOAST CHICK
4 slices Gardenia Hi Calcium Milk Bread Plus
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp kaya
4 slices mandarin oranges
- In a bowl, whisk egg and milk till well combined.
- Heat up pan with butter, dip each slice of bread in egg and milk mixture until coated on both sides. Put straight into the pan.
- Cook for around 2 mins on both sides or until it separates easily from the pan.
- Take a slice of french toast, spread on kaya.
- Slice bananas and place on the bread and cover with another slice of french toast.
- I used 2 blueberries and 2 slices of mandarin oranges for the eyes and beak of the chick.
- Slice strawberry into half, make a "V" cut at the top.
- Assemble the fruits on the french toast.