It supposed to be baked in a loaf tin, but I let them use these cupcake cups instead.
The boys did all the work on their own, I only had to give them verbal instructions.
But I was the one who did all the washing up though, lol, maybe I should get them to do it next year if they want to bake me a cake again.
Gifts from the boys. I don't know why my card looks like Angry Bird Space catalog, lol.
They shared the cost of the roses this year and I got five stalks, lol. Love everything I've got. :)
The cakes were decorated by them too, using my birthday toppers. I'm sharing the recipe of the cake below, it's really easy and fast to do. :)
CRANBERRY POUND CAKE
120g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g butter (room temperature)
80g caster sugar
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
100g dried cranberry, roughly chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees celsius. Line base of 8 by 3 inch loaf tin.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Mix chopped cranberry with lemon juice in a microwavable bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon zest to cranberry mixture.
- Fold in cranberry mixture and flour.
- Pour into tin and bake for around 40 minutes or till inserted skewer comes out clean.
- I did not have lemon at home, so I omitted that, taste great too.
- If you are baking in small cupcake cups like me, it takes about 15 minutes to bake them.