The buns were stuffed with luncheon meat (SPAM).
I just used a sausage bun recipe, and my dough was done with a bread machine, so it's quite fuss free doing these.
LUNCHEON MEAT BUN
300g bread flour
5g instant dried yeast
30g unsalted butter, room temperature
Around 8 sausages or slices of luncheon meat (depends on how big you shape your buns)
- Pour in wet ingredients into bread maker, and then dried ingredients on top.
- Choose the dough function on breadmaker.
- After dough is done, take it out, deflate it by punching lightly.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces or more, roll into a ball, cover with damp cloth and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out dough, wrap ingredients and shape them.
- Place rolls on a tray lined with parchment paper. Cover the rolls and allow them to rise till double their size, around 40 minutes.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 15 minutes.