Shaped meatballs into bears for today. :)
For lunch, they had pasta cooked aglio olio style, meatballs, broccoli, grapes and strawberries.
I packed pasta for their snack boxes too.
Bear holding onto candy. :)
Chicken carbonara for dinner on Wednesday. I wanted to share the recipe but had no time then, so am posting this today instead. Fast one dish meal, recipe below. :)
CHICKEN CARBONARA RECIPE
300g pasta of your preference (I'm using fettuccine here)
2 chicken breast
1 tbsp soya sauce
pinch of salt
1 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp minced garlic
100ml heavy cooking cream
5 slices of bacon
half a broccoli
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Slice chicken breast into small pieces, marinade with soya sauce, pinch of salt and cornflour. Leave aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces, blanch and set aside.
- Cut bacon into small pieces, fry till brown.Set aside.
- Add a little olive oil, when heated up, add garlic, stir fry for a while and add chicken pieces, stir fry till no longer pink. Dish out and set aside.
- Whisk egg with cream and pinch of salt, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and keep around 1/3 of the water.
- Add the cream mixture from step 5. Mix well. This has to be done once the pasta is cooked, the piping hot pasta will cook the egg.
- Toss in the chicken, bacon and broccoli.