Decided to do a strawberry swiss roll as I've a lot of strawberries in my fridge. :)
Strawberries swiss roll for our tea. :)
The boys finished eating their slice of the roll, while I was busy taking photos, lol. :)
SWISS ROLL RECIPE
4 egg yolks
50g cake flour (sift 2 times)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
pinch of salt
Half cup whipped cream
4 tbsp icing sugar
- Prepare a 8 by 12 inch cake pan, by spraying some oil and lining with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Cream egg yolks and sugar till thick and light.
- Add in oil, milk, vanilla essence, lemon zest and juice and mix well.
- Fold in cake flour.
- Beat egg whites till foamy, add in cream of tartar and pinch of salt. Continue beating and adding in sugar in 3 additions till stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/4 of mixture B into A. Fold in the remaining mixture B gently after that.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, leave to cool.
- Whip cream with icing sugar till stiff peak, chill in the fridge.
- Spread cream on the cake, top with strawberries. Slowly peel off the parchment paper as you roll up the cake.
- Wrap your cake with new parchment paper and chill in the fridge for half an hour, before cutting it.