I basically replaced the sponge cake with bread, the whipped cream and fruits fillings are similar to my original strawberry shortcake recipe.
The whipped cream was easily whipped up in around 2 minutes using the balloon whisk attachment of my Bosch hand blender.
If you have a little time to spare, you can turn these sandwiches into kawaii bunnies.
Bunnies' ears are cut out from bread. The rest of bunnies' features are done with blueberries, cheese and strawberries.
Try out the fruity whipped cream sandwich recipe below, makes a refreshing tea time or after meal treat. :)
Fruity Whipped Cream Sandwich
4 slices bread
200ml heavy cream
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp butter
- Leave butter to soften at room temperature.
- Cut up strawberries, peach and kiwi. Place the cut out fruits on a plate line with kitchen towel, cover with another kitchen towel. Set aside in the fridge.
- Whip heavy cream with sugar and vanilla essence still soft peaks are formed.
- Spread butter on one slice of bread, top with whipped cream. Take fruits out from fridge and place them on the whipped cream.
- Top with more whipped cream till the fruits are covered. Spread butter on another slice of bread and put on top.
- Press the sandwich gently, wrap in cling wrap and place in fridge for half an hour. Repeat for the next 2 slices of bread.
- Take out sandwich from fridge and cut into desired size before serving.