With the help my Bosch hand blender, I can easily blend my soup straight in the pan. I love how convenient it is, plus it does the job really well too.
The curry is not overwhelming in this recipe, the soup is not spicy either, so it's suitable for kids too.
Soups are quite a good canvas for food art too. I've done a few soup art previously, click HERE to check them out if you need more ideas. :) This time, I cut out the cat and fish using bread and toasted them in the oven.
This curry pumpkin soup is easy to cook and makes a great addition to your meal. :)
CURRY PUMPKIN SOUP
500g pumpkin, cut into cubes
1.5 cup chicken stock
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
- Melt butter in pan, add in onions and cook till soften.
- Add in pumpkin and stir fry for a minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and curry powder, bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let mixture cool down a little before blending.
- Return blended mixture to stove, add in heavy cream and milk, bring to boil.
- Season with salt.