This was the cake they made, they did almost all the work. I only helped them to prepare the strawberry sauce.
They kept eating the digestive biscuits as they were grinding them. -_-
They did make a mess filling in the jar, so I had to clean up the jars before they could top up the strawberry sauce.
However, after they were done, they were shocked to learn that this was my birthday cake. They said this does not look like a birthday cake at all, they wanted to bake a cake filled with whipped cream and strawberry. -_-
They ended up baking another cake that night. :P
I did not have any strawberries left, so they filled the cake with peaches instead. The bunting was done by me, I added it on the following day. :)
My birthday cards and flowers from my boys. They drew identical cards this year, lol.
Yay, they bought me more flowers this year. :)
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE JARS
150g strawberries, chopped
3 tbsp sugar
75g digestive biscuit
25g unsalted butter
250g cream cheese, soften at room temperature
50g icing sugar
140g low fat yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Heat about 1/2 of the strawberries with castor sugar in a pan over medium heat till all the strawberries have broken down. Add the rest of the strawberries and cook for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Crumb digestive biscuit using a blender.
- Melt butter in a microwave or over a pan. Mix butter with digestive biscuits crumbs. Spoon the mixture equally into 6 small pudding jars. Lightly press down. Chill in fridge.
- Blend cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence using a blender till smooth and creamy, around 3 minutes.
- Add in yoghurt and continue to blend for another minute. Spoon mixture equally into the jars and leave to chill in fridge.
- Top with strawberry sauce and serve.