This is the kawaii toaster I'm referring to, which lets you make a Hello Kitty print on your toasted bread. I received it last Thursday and was eager to try it out the following day. The toaster comes with a cover lid that helps to keep dust out when the toaster is not in use. It also comes with a removable tray at the bottom that helps you to get rid of the bread crumbs.
The toaster is a breeze to use. It comes with an adjustable knob for you to adjust the heat settings. I suggest setting it to around 3 for your first try. After that, you can turn the heat level up or down, depending on how dark/light you want your Hello Kitty print to be.
I made a grilled chicken sandwich for our dinner. I omitted the onions for my boys' sandwiches as they don't like onions. I will be sharing the recipe at the end of this post.
The Hello Kitty Pop Up Toaster is available at all major electronics and departmental stores.
If you are staying in Singapore, you can now stand a chance to win a Hello Kitty Toaster or Sandwich Maker, I will share about it in tomorrow's post. I will also share another recipe for you to try with the Sanwich Maker tomorrow. :)
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE
2 slices of bread
1 chicken breast
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 tsp sake
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 onion, sliced
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce ( 3 tbsp water, 3 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp sake, 1 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp sugar)
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp mustard
mix of salad greens
- If you do not have a bottle of teriyaki sauce. You can make some by simmering 3 tbsp water, 3 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp sake, 1 tbsp mirin and 1 tbsp sugar till the mixture thickens slightly. Set this aside first.
- Butterfly cut the chicken breast. Marinade chicken with salt, black pepper and sake for half an hour.
- Heat up grill, grill both sides of chicken. When chicken is almost done, spread on teriyaki sauce, and grill for another minute each on both sides.
- Toast your bread slices in the Hello Kitty Pop Up Toaster using heat level 3.
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread and mustard on the other half.
- Assemble by placing salad greens on bottom half of bread, followed by cheese, onions, chicken and top half of bread.