I made these chicken mayonnaise toasts for for our lunch today.
I prepared the ingredients needed in the morning, and toasted the bread just before lunch. :)
This recipe is specially created for Gardenia. I tried out their Enriched Wholemeal White Bread, which combines the goodness of whole-grains with the softness of white bread. The bread is made from 50% super fine wholemeal flour. It also contains no cholesterol and Trans Fat. This makes it a healthier option for those who prefer eating white bread.
The chicken mayonnaise recipe is suitable for the pop up toaster too.
I could not resist adding on a mashed potato Hello Kitty eating a Kitty toast. :)
If you are staying in Singapore, you will be happy to know that Gardenia is now holding a giveaway. From now till 20th of March, simply snap a 'selfie' of your favourite Gardenia loaf, and you can stand a chance to win either a set of Hello Kitty Toaster or Sandwich Maker. Please click HERE to visit their facebook page and join the contest. They will select one lucky winner weekly.
CHICKEN MAYONNAISE TOAST
2 slices bread
1 chicken breast
2 tbsp shredded Mozzarella
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp mirin
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 tbsp mayonnaise
salt and black pepper to taste
- Marinade chicken for half an hour using salt, mirin and black pepper. Cook chicken breast in boiling water. Remove and set aside chicken, reserve around 5 tbsp of the water used to cook the chicken.
- Shred chicken into pieces.
- Mix well with mayonnaise and the water you reserved in step 2. Taste and season with salt and black pepper if needed.
- Prepare bread, shredded Mozzarella and chicken mayonnaise, as you heat up the Hello Kitty Sandwich Maker.
- Once Sandwich Maker is heated up, place a slice of bread, followed by some chicken mayonnaise and Mozzarella, before covering with another slice of bread.
- Toast for around 3 minutes.