This is quite an up to date post, made this for dinner today. I was planning to make a toast version today too, but LT had a dental appointment today, and the wait was too long, had no time to make one.
Mickey and Minnie are exchanging Valentines gifts, Minnie bought a box of chocolates and Mickey has a bouquet of flowers for her.
Ingredients used for Mickey and Minnie were rice, nori, capsicum (yellow and red), cheese and strawberry. I'm sharing the seaweed pork rolls recipe below (the ones in the heart food cups), they still taste good when cold, so they're perfect for packing into bentos.
SEAWEED PORK ROLL RECIPE
15 slices shabu shabu pork
15 slices Japanese seaweed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp mirin
Flour/egg/panko(japanese breadcrumbs) for coating
- Season pork slices with salt, soya sauce and mirin.
- Place a slice of seaweed on top of a slice of pork.
- Roll up the pork/seaweed.
- Coat pork roll in flour, followed by egg and finally with panko.
- Deep fry or shallow fry till golden brown.
- You can also add in additional cheese or cod roe fillings. Simply place some cheese or cod roe on top of the end of seaweed that you start rolling from .
- Panko can be replaced with breadcrumbs.
Where to get same or similar items used in today's post: