My plan today was to make Stitch out of sausages but upon completion, I think he looks more like a dog instead. lol. -_- I'm not sure if you can tell it's Stitch if I do not label it as a Stitch bento. :P
LT's bento, in the box are cold soba, prawn croquettes, grapes, strawberries and sausage. IT says Stitch is in a pail from a well. After eating up the food in the small pail, he lowered the pail into his cup of water and drank from there. lol. -_-
IT's bento, same food as above.
IT's bento for recess, in the box are cold soba, grapes, strawberries and sausage. This time, I freeze the soba sauce in an air-tight container, so it'll be nicely melted and still cold by his recess. I'll have to wait for his review when he's home to see whether it works.
I tried to make a 'fierce' Stitch for one of IT's box, coz the last time I made Stitch, he told me he wants a fierce Stitch. -_-
Herbal chicken, broccoli/sea asparagus and three cups squid for me. I kept them from dinner last night. Usually, only one dish (the same one you see in the boys' bento) from my box is cooked in the morning. But for today, the boy had something totally different, so I just ate the food I kept from yesterday. :) Prawn croquette recipe given below, the recipe makes around 8, I usually make a bigger batch and freeze.
PRAWN CROQUETTE RECIPE
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 minced yellow onion
3/4 cup chopped prawn
1 tbsp white wine
1 cup panko
1/2 cup plain flour
white sauce -
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
11/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
- Melt 1 tbsp butter, add onions and cook till translucent.
- Add in prawn and white wine. Set aside once cooked.
- Now to make the white sauce, melt 3 tbsp butter.
- Once butter is foaming, add in 1/4 cup flour in small increment and stir to form a smooth paste.
- Do not allow the paste to color, slowly add in milk, stir to prevent lumps. Stop when the mixture is thick and glossy, ard 10 minutes.
- Add salt and the mixture you kept aside in step 2.
- Spread the layer in a pan, creating a layer around 1 in thick. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Use a spatula to divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Coat with flour, followed by egg and lastly Panko.
- Deep fry them till golden brown.
Note: You can substitute the prawns with crab meat.