IT had this in the car, on our way back from the appointment, before going off to School.
LT had to skip School, because we could not come back in time. I expected that so I only prepared a lunch bento for him. For lunch, they had chicken burgers, potatoes, apples, strawberries and grapes.
Just a burger for IT's recess. :)
I rearranged the stuff, so that the box can close properly. Love transparent covers, it's nice to be able to see the contents. :)
I made for an extra chicken patty in the morning, grilled some rice and potatoes in the afternoon, and had them for lunch. :) Recipe for the chicken patty below. :)
CHICKEN PATTIES RECIPE
200g ground chicken
2 onions, minced
1 tbsp sake
3 tbsp panko
3 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp ginger juice
salt and pepper to taste
Sauce - 3 tbsp sake, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape into patties and pan fry with a little oil until both sides are browned. Set aside.
- Pour the sauce ingredients in the pan and bring to a slow simmer. Add in the patties and coat with the sauce. Cook till sauce thickens and both sides of patties are well coated.
- If you want to freeze the patties, you can do so after step #2. Then, when you want to eat them, defrost and glaze with them with the sauce.
- The chicken patties can be eaten with buns as a burger fillings or as a side dish with rice.