Baked versions are different from the fried ones, but healthier and taste great too. :)
For me. :P
This is the mould I'm using, I bought them at Tokyu Hands during my last Japan trip.
Random shots of my dinner I took this week. This was for Monday, baked minced beef with salad and baguette.
For Tuesday, fried tofu puffs stuffed with meat and fish paste.
And for today, somen dipped in miso and yakitori.
Oh, I've to share this. Found these sandwich boxes at the Sanrio Fair at Harbourfront centre yesterday. They are only $5 each. The fair is still on, go grab! Not sure when's the last day though. :)
220g cake flour, sifted
170g granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Prep your donut pan with butter.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, buttermilk and beaten eggs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the cake flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the wells of you pan (roughly 2/3rds full). An easier/cleaner option is to pour the batter into a ziplock bag and snip the corner or use a piping bag and pipe the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the tops of the donuts spring back when lightly touched. Do not over bake.