The boys taking turn to mix the batter.
Ta-dah, the madeleines, fresh out of the oven.
The boys' portions for tea. They had apple juice instead. :P
And this is mine, but I only ate one, too much butter, too fattening for me, lol. :)
Pack a box for the hubby to bring to work tomorrow. It's one of those rare times he gets a box, coz I always throw his sandwiches and cakes in plastic bags, lol. :P
My dinner, on the plate are braised E-Fu noodles, fermented red wine grilled chicken and salad. Similar stuff for Daddy and the boys too, except they had stir-fry vegetables with fish instead of salad, they don't fancy their veggies raw. Hiaz.
Make 24 madeleines
2 jumbo eggs plus 1 egg yolk
150g plain flour (sieved)
150g unsalted butter (melted)
Lemon zest from half a lemon
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (add into the sieved flour)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease the madeleine pan with butter.
- Using an electronic hand beater, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and foamy.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest into the egg mixture and blend well.
- Fold in the flour and use a spatula to mix well.
- Fold in the melted butter, stir and blend until the butter is well incorporated with the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the madeleine mould and fill about 90%. Don’t spread it.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until they turn light brown.
- Remove the madeleine pan from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.