I'm using this cute cutter to make today's bentos. It's kindly sponsored by Kitchenique. Please hop over to their facebook page to check out their range of bento items. :)
Salmon soboro with egg for my boys' lunch today. I also packed in broccoli, waffle fries and strawberries. The picks are available on Kitchenique too. :)
I used the bear cutter as a mould for this. :)
And for this, I used the cutter to cut out cheese.
Here's mine, I added in chives, mushrooms and yellow peppers in mine. :) The salmon is a great filling for onigiri too.
SALMON SOBORO RECIPE
200g salmon fillet
1 + 1 tsp salt
1/2 cup + 1tbsp sake
1 tbsp mirin
- Salt both sides of salmon fillet well with 1 tsp of salt. Add more if needed. Leave it overnight in the fridge.
- Wipe fish dry. Put fish skin side down in the wok, pour in 1/2 cup of sake, cover with lid, turn to medium low heat and let it cook till the sake has evaporated.
- Take fish out and let it cool down.
- Flake fish with a fork or your hands.
- Heat up wok, add a tbsp of sake, mirin and 1 tsp of salt, with the flaked fish.
- Keep stir frying till the fish is dry.
- This can keep to around a week in the fridge.
- The salmon is meant to taste salty because you are eating it mixed with rice or stuffed in it. Adjust the amount of salt if you prefer it less or more salty.