I made these piggy donuts during the school holidays.
They are strawberry glazed baked donuts. Details were drawn in using chocolate. There was some problem with my white chocolate pen though, the chocolate did not come out smoothly, I think I probably kept it for way too long.
These donuts were really mini. I have not used my silicon donut mould for a long time and had totally forgotten how small the donut was. I am sharing the donut recipe at the end of the post. I do have another donut recipe that I usually use, you can check it out HERE. I forgot to buy buttermilk, so I tried another recipe instead.
The inspiration for the donuts were from this shop called Floresta Nature Doughnuts in Japan.
We managed to pop by a branch on our recent trip to Japan last December.
I love the Kitty donut, will have to try making it next time. :)
STRAWBERRY GLAZED DONUT RECIPE
100g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg, beaten
35g melted butter
1 tbsp strawberry jam
1 tbsp milk
1-2 cups icing sugar, sifted
pink colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Lightly coat your donut pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, egg, butter to mixture in step 3, whisk till incorporated.
- Fill batter into a pastry bag. Snip off one corner, pipe batter into donut pan. Fill each mould till 3/4 full.
- Bake donuts for around 8 minutes or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- To make the strawberry glaze, puree strawberries with 1 tbsp strawberry jam.
- Pour into a bowl and mix in milk.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup of icing sugar, adding more till you reached your desired consistency. The more icing sugar you add, the thicker the glaze.
- As the strawberry glaze is rather sweet, I've reduced the amount of sugar in the donut recipe. Please increase the amount of sugar if you are using chocolate to glaze instead.
- If you are not happy with the natural pink colour, you can add in some pink colouring in step 9.