It's been a long time since my last attempt at steam cakes. This time, I made piggy steam cakes.
I used Morinaga pancake mix for this recipe. If you can't get hold of the pancake mix, you can click HERE for my other steam cake recipe instead.
I'm sharing the recipe for these piggy steam cakes below.
PIGGY STEAM CAKE
(makes 4-5 steam cakes)
150g Morinaga pancake mix
2 small eggs
45g plain yoghurt
20g unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
a little Wilton pink icing paste
- Whisk egg and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add in yoghurt and milk till well blended.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Sift in pancake mix and baking powder and fold till well blended.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of batter from step 4, add 1/2 tbsp of flour. Add on some pink colouring using toothpick, mix well.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of batter from step 4, add 1/2 tbsp of dark cocoa powder,mix well.
- Spoon mixture in step 5 and 6 in pipping bags.
- Fill cupcake cups with remaining mixture, fill till around 70% full. Tap cups lightly to remove air bubbles.
- Pipe on piggy details, start with the pink batter, followed by brown batter.
- Steam cupcakes over preheated steamer on low heat for 12 minutes. When steaming, please cover pot lid with a cloth, to prevent water from dripping onto the cakes and spoiling the designs.