I made these Hello Kitty mooncakes on the same day as the piggies mooncakes I just shared on Wednesday. The sun was almost setting when I was done with the piggies, so it was a super rush job making these, as I wanted to get a shot of them before the sky turns dark.
The recipe to make this is exactly the same as the piggies mooncakes.
These were hand moulded like the piggies mooncakes. You can actually use a Hello Kitty cookie cutter/stamper set or rice mould to make your mooncakes too. However, if you do not own one, you can try moulding them using my recipe below.
HELLO KITTY SNOWSKIN MOONCAKE
150g Gao Fen (cooked glutinous rice flour)
150g Icing Sugar
180g cold water
A little Wilton pink gel food colouring
A little Wilton brown gel food colouring
A little Wilton yellow gel food colouring
Mooncake filling - I used green tea white lotus paste
- Sift Gao Fen and icing sugar together in a bowl.
- Add in shortening to the mixture and combine.
- Slowly add in the cold water, you might not need to use all. You can stop once you are able to knead into a dough. Take out 3 small portions of dough, using a toothpick, colour the dough pink, brown and yellow using Wilton gel food colouring. Knead till colour is evenly mixed.
- Weigh white dough and fillings, I used 30g of fillings to 25g of dough. Flatten dough with rolling pin, roll fillings into a ball and place on top.
- Seal and wrap mooncake using your hands. Mould into oval shape.
- Take a little white dough, mould into triangular shape for Kitty's ears.
- Take a little pink dough, mould into 2 triangular shape and 1 round shape for Kitty's bow. Using a knife/toothpick, make indentations on the 2 triangular portions.
- Assemble the ears and bow. Using the yellow dough, mould an oval for Kitty's nose.
- Take a little brown dough, mould into oval shape for Kitty's eyes.
- Take a little brown dough, roll it out and cut into sections for Kitty's whiskers.