I did not use back my usual recipe this round, came across a super easy recipe sometime back in a magazine, took it down with the intention of giving it a try this year. Not the best recipe I've tried but it's the easiest one. I'm sharing the recipe at the end of this post. Feel free to use back your own recipe if you like. :)
I made some Hello Kitty mooncakes with this batch, I'll leave those for another post. I still have mooncakes ingredients left, might make more designs if I can find the time.
I filled the piggies mooncakes with store bought green tea white lotus paste. I've not made the paste from scratch before, so I've no recipe to share for that.
Took quite a number of photos, so allow me to spam another picture of this piggy mooncake. :P
PIGGY SNOWSKIN MOONCAKE
150g Gao Fen (cooked glutinous rice flour)
150g Icing Sugar
180g cold water
A little Wilton pink gel food colouring
Mooncake filling - I used green tea white lotus paste
- Sift Gao Fen and icing sugar together in a bowl.
- Add in shortening to the mixture and combine.
- Dissolve some pink colouring in cold water. Slowly add in the cold water, you might not need to use all. You can stop once you are able to knead into a dough.
- Weigh dough and fillings, I used 30g of fillings to 25g of dough. Flatten dough with rolling pin, roll fillings into a ball and place on top.
- Seal and wrap mooncake using your hands. Flatten the base and mould it slightly oval in shape.
- Take a little dough, mould into oval shape for piggy's nose, use a straw to poke 2 holes.
- Take a little dough, mould into 2 ovals for piggy's ears.
- Use 2 small chocolate chips for piggy's eyes.
- Take a little dough, roll it out before curling it up, this will be the piggy's tail.