Now, onto these doggy sausage bread buns I'm sharing today, made them back in July. I think you might be quite familiar with this doggy bread bun design, as I've seen them being shared online before. I can't take credit for this wonderful idea, I got this idea from Pitachan on Cookpad. She has lots of cutie bread design, I've always wanted to try many of them but yet to find time to do so.
I did not use her recipe for the bread buns. I've included my recipe and also the steps on how to shape this doggy below. :)
DOGGY SAUSAGE BREAD BUN RECIPE
Bread Flour 400g
Instant Yeast 5g
Cold water 220ml
Butter, room temperature 70g
- Mix all the ingredients, except butter, in a large bowl to get a dough. Add in butter and knead until dough is springy and soft, this takes around 10 minutes. If you have a bread maker, you can just use the dough function for this step, as well as step 2.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and keep in a warm place for it to rise. This takes around an hour and the dough should double in size. Do a finger test to check if it's ready.
- While the dough is rising, soak raisins in water so that they will soften and expand. Dry them on a paper towel and set aside. These will be for the doggy's eyes and nose.
- Slice sausages and set aside.
- Dust your work table with some flour, place dough on it. Punch out the air from the dough with your fist.
- Divide the dough into 60g portions. Roll them out and form them into balls. Cover with cling wrap and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out bread dough using a rolling pin.
- Place a sliced sausage on one end, and make a small cut on the other end.
- Fold the dough in half.
- Make slanting cuts for the ears.
- Place on parchment paper, cover with cling wrap and let it rise for 40 minutes.
- At the end of 40 minutes, place the raisins onto the bread dough and press gently.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 180 degrees celcius for around 20 minutes or till they turn golden brown.