I made these doggie bentos during the School holidays. The doggies are made of rice, inari and nori.
The bentos are packed with chicken patties, cheese sausage, lettuce, grapes, golden kiwis and strawberries.
I also made a doggie toast to decorate their tomato soup. The dog is cut out from bread and then toasted.
I'm sharing the tomato soup recipe below, quite easy to make, hope you like it. :)
TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 slices beetroot
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat up butter in a pan, add garlic, and then tomatoes, beetroot and chicken stock, bring to boil.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes or till tomatoes are soft, with the lid on.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, remove tomato skin. Add in basil and pulse the soup smooth using a hand blender.
- Beetroot is optional, gives a nicer reddish colour to the soup.
- For a vegetarian version, just substitute chicken stock with water.
Where to get same or similar items used in today's post: