I made these Panda cookies during the school holidays, they are cut out with a set of Panda cutters. I love this set of Panda cutters, they are very cute and can be used to cut bread too. :)
I'm sharing the Panda cookies recipe below. :)
PANDA COOKIES RECIPE
- 160g Flour
- 130g Flour + 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1 egg
- 120g Butter
- 120g Sugar
- Use hand whisk to beat butter with sugar, adding the sugar in 3 portions. Whisk till creamy.
- Add in egg and whisk .
- Divide the dough into half. Add 160g to one portion. Add 130g Flour and 30g Cocoa Powder to the other portion. Mix well with spatula and shape into a ball with your hands. Cling wrap the plain dough and brown dough separately.
- Put in fridge for around 30 minutes to an hour.
- Take out dough, roll out, cut with Panda cookie cutter and place on baking paper.
- Bake at 160 degrees celcius for 15 minutes.
- I find it easier to stamp the panda features and then cut it out, instead of doing it the other way round.
- If you prefer a lighter brown dough, you can decrease the amount of Cocoa powder and increase the amount of plain flour, in the same proportion.
Where to get cutter used in today's post: