Lemon Chiffon for tea. :)
My pan is a little too big for this recipe.
And my first loaf of bread from the breadmaker. Sun was setting when the bread was done, hate the indoor lighting. Going to try using some butterfly pea flower to colour the water before baking the bread tomorrow, hopefully the bread can turn out a nice blue colour and I can use it to make a smurf bento. :)
LEMON CHIFFON RECIPE
4 egg yolks
75ml lemon juice
85ml canola oil
150g cake flour
1 tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon zest
5 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Mix ingredients (A) together to form a smooth batter.
- Whisk egg white with cream of tartar for 1 minute, then gradually pour in sugar and whisk till medium stiff peak.
- Fold mixture #1 into #2 and pour into a 23cm tube pan.
- Bake at 180C for an hour or till cake is cooked.
- Overturn cake(still in pan) on a rack and let it cool down.
- Remove cake from tube pan with a knife once it has cool down.