I cooked yakisoba for our lunch today, using Lee Kum Kee ketchup and sesame oil, am sharing the recipe at the end of this post.
I did a simple decor for the bento using a sunny side up. Added nori on the egg to turn it into a little gal. :)
300g chinese egg noodles
4 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp minced ginger
200g shabu shabu pork collar or belly
1 cup shredded nappa cabbage
2 tbsp ketchup
1/4 cup soya sauce
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp mirin
pinch of sugar
1 bunch chopped spring onions
- Cook egg noodles in boiling water until just done. Drain and run under cold water. Toss in 1 tbsp sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat pan, add 3tbsp sesame oil and ginger.
- Add pork and cook till no longer pink.
- Add cabbage, and stir fry till soften, add a bit of water if needed.
- Add in noodles, ketchup, soya sauce, worcestershire sauce, mirin and sugar.
- Toss well and simmer till everything is well mixed.