These two bowls of Mee Hoon Kueh are for my boys. I made a bowl for myself too, but did not take a picture of mine.
There's meatballs, veggies and fried silver fish, in addition to the noodles.
I only cut out some dough using the cookie cutters, and add on top to decorate. I pulled and teared out most of the dough instead, as it's much faster to do so. :)
MEE HOON KUEH RECIPE
500g plain flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp salt
100g ikan bilis, washed thoroughly
salt, to taste
200g minced pork
2 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp wine
dash of pepper
2 tsp cornflour
green leafy vegetables
- To make the dough, mix flour, egg and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in water and knead till dough is soft, around 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 portions, cling wrap and rest for at least an hour.
- Marinade minced meat with soya sauce, sesame oil, wine, pepper and corn flour. Leave aside.
- To make soup stock, place ikan bilis in a soup stock pack before boiling with 1L of water.
- Simmer on low heat for an hour. Remove stock pack. Add salt to taste.
- To cook Mee Hoon Kueh, boil soup stock, add in minced pork.
- Tear the dough into small pieces and drop into the soup. Alternatively, you can roll the dough into thin sheet and cut out with a cookie cutter.
- Add in vegetables.
- You can add in an egg and/or fried silver fish before serving.