Here are the 3 sauces I received from Lee Kum Kee. You will be happy to know that Lee Kum Kee also printed some recipe cards which you can pick up from the supermarkets.
Here's my bento, inspired by Lee Kum Kee tomato ketchup. Ketchup is quite useful in charaben, as shown in my bento above, it can be used to colour the rice and as blusher for your characters' cheeks.
I also cooked ketchup meatballs for this bento and I'm sharing the recipe below. :)
KETCHUP MEATBALLS RECIPE
1/4 chopped onions
2 tbsp bread crumbs
3 tbsp milk
400g minced pork
1 tsp salt and black pepper
1 tbsp ketchup
meatball sauce ( 50ml chicken broth, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tsp soya sauce)
- Heat up oil, stir fry onions till soft. Leave aside to cool.
- Pour milk over bread crumbs and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add in onions, salt, black pepper, ketchup, egg and the mixture in step 2 to minced pork. Mix well.
- Oil palms and shape meatballs, pan fry them with some oil over medium heat. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up the meatball sauce, add in meatballs and coat well in the sauce.
Where to get same or similar items used in today's post: