I did little Santas to decorate their bentos today. Santa is made from crabstick, kamaboko and fish sausage. :)
LT's bento, multi-grain rice, beef stew, golden kiwis and grapes.
IT's bento, same food as above.
IT's bento for School, nutella sandwich and grapes. It's the last day of School for him.
Jolly Santas. :)
Red wine beef stew that lasted us for two meals, I had mine with baguette. :)
BEEF STEW RECIPE
500g stew beef meat (cubed)
4 Carrots (cubed)
4 potatoes (cubed)
1 large onion (sliced)
1 can tomato puree
1 beef cube
1/2 cup red cooking wine
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cornflour
salt/pepper to taste
- Marinate the beef for 1hour, with paprika and cornflour.
- Brown the meat in the pan; dish it out and set it aside
- Add some oil and fry the vegetables together with the onions
- Once the vegetables and onions are fragrant, add the beef into the pan followed by tomato puree and beef cube.
- Bring it to a boil and close the lid and stew for 1hr+ or until beef is tender.
Note: I usually buy this beef cut call chuck tender from Giant Hypermarket for beef stew. It comes in a big piece, and is cheaper than the cut for stewing from other supermarkets. :)