I'm using short grained brown rice for the racoon, the darker parts have been mixed with a bit of dark soya sauce. The brown rice tasted really good but it was very expensive for just a small pack. Not something we can eat regularly, unless I can find cheaper ones. :(
Other food in the box are salmon Karaage, miso chicken, broccoli, leaf pasta and grapes.
Same miso chicken for my lunch, I've threaded them on skewers instead. I'm sharing the recipe below. If you like miso, you got to try it, easy and fast recipe. :)
MISO CHICKEN RECIPE
1 chicken leg, skin on
1 tsp ginger juice
1.5 tbsp shiromiso
1 tbsp sake
1 tsp sugar
- Grate ginger and squeeze to get the juice.
- Mix all ingredients together and marinade for at least half an hour, best to marinade overnight.
- Heat up a non-stick pan, place chicken skin side down on the pan. There is no need to add any oil.
- Pan fry till chicken is cooked through and miso is caramelized.
- There is no need to add oil, because there will be oil from the chicken skin, so it's important to grill skin side down first.
- This same marinade can be use on fish like cod too.
Items used in today's bentos: