Emily is made from rice, nori, egg sheet and charcoal noodles. I added some black sesame paste eye shadow for her but it was not obvious in the photo. -_- I've to confess I was not really happy with how it turned out, I know it does not really resembles Emily but I don't have time to modify. I guess that means I will probably remake her again in future.
I made some carrot quinoa fritters, seen at the side of the plate. I've been hooked on adding quinoa to my salads these few months. I wanted to introduce it into my boys' meals, so I thought making it into fritters would be more easily accepted by them. :) I will share the recipe at the end of the post.
This is another version of Emily, with flowers. The words on the fritters were added on digitally, I had wanted to add the words using cheese, but forgot.
QUINOA FRITTERS RECIPE
1 cup shredded carrots
2/3 cup quinoa
Bunch of basil, chopped finely
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Cook quinoa in 1 cup water. Bring to boil, then simmer till all the water is absorbed.
- Whisk egg, toss in salt and black pepper. Add in carrots, quinoa, basil and stir to combine.
- Add in flour slowly till the mixture will stick together. You can use less than 1/2 cup if the mixture sticks, or add a little more if the mixture can't.
- Heat up pan with a little oil. Shape mixture into flat patties and pan fry them.
- You can also add in other veggies, like broccoli.
Where to get same or similar items used in today's post: